Jump to a section
Words/numbers used in this bingo card
Our bingo card has 28 items related to trauma. Here is the complete list:
- Physical Injury
- Emotional Abuse
- Natural Disaster
- War Experience
- Sexual Assault
- Serious Illness
- Domestic Violence
- Loss of a Loved One
- Witnessing Violence
- Childhood Neglect
- Serious Accident
- Life-Threatening Event
- Racial Discrimination
- Forced Displacement
More about this bingo card
Trauma Bingo offers a unique and empathetic approach to exploring and understanding personal traumas. Ideal for support groups, therapy sessions, or self-reflection, this game provides a gentle and interactive way to acknowledge and share experiences related to trauma. Each square on the bingo card represents a common experience or feeling associated with trauma, creating a space for openness and healing. It's a tool for connection, reflection, and the beginning of a journey towards healing.
How to play trauma bingo
In therapy sessions: The supportive circle
- Creating a safe space: Distribute bingo cards with experiences and emotions commonly associated with trauma like 'Feeling Overwhelmed,' 'Difficulty Trusting,' 'Nightmares,' or 'Flashbacks.'
- Sharing and acknowledging: As participants feel comfortable, they can share experiences that correspond to the bingo squares.
- Healing together: The goal isn't to 'win' but to foster understanding and support among group members as they share and mark off experiences.
Self-reflection: The personal journey
- Solitary contemplation: Use trauma bingo as a tool for personal reflection about one's own experiences with trauma.
- Identifying and acknowledging: Mark off experiences on the bingo card that resonate with personal feelings or past events.
- Self-awareness and growth: Use the completed card as a starting point for journaling or discussing with a therapist.
Virtual support groups: The online connection
- Digital empathy space: Share digital bingo cards in an online support group setting.
- Sharing from a distance: Encourage participants to share their experiences related to the bingo squares during video calls.
- Building a virtual support network: Recognize the value of shared experiences and the strength of the group in providing support and understanding.
The impact of trauma
- Trauma awareness: Discuss the various ways trauma can impact an individual's life, including emotional, psychological, and physical effects.
- Educational component: Provide information on the common reactions to trauma and coping mechanisms.
The path to healing
- Healing strategies: Introduce and discuss different healing and coping strategies that can assist individuals dealing with trauma.
- Professional resources: Offer information on where to find professional help, such as therapists or support groups.
- Resilience building: Encourage discussions on building resilience and finding strength in the face of adversity.
- Sharing success stories: Share stories of resilience and recovery to inspire and provide hope to participants.
🌟 Top tip
Use Trauma Bingo as a starting point for deeper conversations. It's important to approach each topic with sensitivity and support, acknowledging that everyone's journey with trauma is unique. The game can help break the ice and start important dialogues in a safe and controlled environment.
Benefits of using Bingo Card Creator
- Sensitive and thoughtful design: Create bingo cards that are considerate of trauma-related experiences, providing a helpful tool for therapists and support groups.
- Adaptable for various settings: Suitable for one-on-one therapy sessions, group therapy, or self-reflection, with the flexibility to adapt to different environments and needs.
- Physical and digital formats: Choose from printed cards for in-person sessions or digital versions for online support groups and teletherapy.
Ready to embark on a journey of healing?
Trauma Bingo is more than a game; it's a compassionate approach to acknowledging and understanding personal trauma. It offers a non-threatening way to begin conversations, foster empathy, and support healing in a group or individual setting. So, let's embrace this tool as a step towards healing and growth, and navigate the path of recovery together.